An information meeting “On the development of Innovative Classroom Concept” within the project of the EU ERASMUS + program “MoPED – Modernization of higher pedagogical education using innovative teaching tools” (№ 586098-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) was held on June 30, 2020 in the State Institution “South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky”.
During the meeting, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences Ordanovska Oleksandra, the leader of academic group of project MoPED in SUNPU has reported about the Innovative Classroom Concept that was created.
The objective of the project MoPED is to establish the “Innovative Classroom” (ICR) in each UA HEI as a 21st-Century learning space based on the best European practices.
The key point of Innovative Classroom Concept is to consider ICR as a main part of ecosystem.
The main idea of ICR Concept is to use the flexible zone structure that allows to improve the quality of learning due the fitting of environment of ICR to the subject being studied.
The ICR Concept includes:the description of:
- Aims and objectives.
- Impact (increasing of the efficiency of innovative teaching methods at the university as a whole).
- Target group during the project life.
- Target group after the project finished.
- Learning spaces (zones) as a “learning agents“.
- Learning spaces exercises.
- Emerging pedagogical approaches (what and how you are going to teach? explain the core of the pedagogical aspects of ICR).
- Pedagogical processes (teaching-learning processes organization in concept of the ICR as a main part of ecosystem).
- Assessment Action (how to evaluate innovative teaching and learning processes and its results in ICR/ecosystem).
- Technology as a facilitator of new teaching and learning practices implementation
- Social design (explain how ICR/ecosystem will promote the innovative pedagogy on local, regional and national levels).
- Infrastructure design (Human resources involved, University Division / Department (responsible for the running of the ICR), Institutional regulations (provide the main organizational regulations for computer- and classrooms at university)).